JOB TITLE: Room Attendant / Room Boy
REPORTS TO : House Keeping Supervisor
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and also the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
ROOM BOY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
– Dusts the room and furniture.
– Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
– Cleans the bathroom.
– Cleans the closet.
– Vacuums and racks the carpet.
– Checks and secures the rooms.
– Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
– Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
– Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets, spring cleaning, super cleaning etc.) as required
– Cleans guest bathroom/bedroom/floor corridor.
– Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
– Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
– Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
– Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
– Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
– Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
– Remove all dirty terry and replace with the clean par to the designated layout.
– Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
– Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
– Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
– Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
– Replace laundry bags and slips.
– Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
– Dust and polish all furniture.
– Realign furniture to the floor plan.
– Responsible for replenishment of guest complimentary water.
– Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of his work area.
– Responsible for the Hotel property in the work area.
– Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned to him.
– Authorise to enter in guestrooms for cleaning and providing turndown services as per requirement.
– Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
– Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
– Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
– Return and restock cart at end of shift.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
A secondary school diploma is preferred, Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Range Negotiable
- Location Raa Atoll